** ALL CLASSES ARE SUSPENDED DUE TO LEVEL 5 LOCKDOWN **
Benchspace Bites, our Beginner classes for those who want to try a little woodwork, have a little fun and make a small project.
- Chopping/Serving Board (Rescheduled to November 28th) – Sold Out
- Rustic Coat Rack (November 14th)
- Chopping/Serving Board (December 5th) – Sold Out
Special Interest Workshops include
- Green Woodworking – Oct 17th/18th – Sold Out
Evening Courses will begin again in January 2021, courses for 2020 are sold out.
Please join our mailing list to be notified when next semester is put on sale.
- Frame Joinery (Beginner Level – Tuesdays) – Sold Out
- Frame Joinery (Beginner Level – Thursdays) – Sold Out
- Introduction to Practical Woodwork (Beginner Level) – Sold Out
- Traditional Joinery (Intermediate) – Sold Out
- Machine Making & Safety: Panel Saw & Router Table (Advanced) – Sold Out
** Purchasing as a gift, download our printable voucher here , please note that vouchers are only valid when accompanied by order confirmation **
If you are interested in a particular class but its sold out then sign up to our mailing list to be notified as soon as they become available or email David@benchspacecork.ie to reserve a place on a specific course.
Our member “Open Making Sessions” are running twice a month on Saturday mornings to allow you to book a bench for the morning and work on your own project, we’ll be there to give you a little advice and guidance if needed.
We hope to see you in the workshop soon.
The Benchspace Team.
Autumn is a time of change and why not learn some new skills with us here at Benchspace.
Benchspace Bites are running as follows
- Rustic Coat Rack (September 28th)
- Chopping / Serving Board (October 12th)
- Candle Holder (November 16th)
Evening Courses are back in full force this Autumn with
- Frame Joinery (Beginner Level) (October 3rd)
- Traditional Joinery (Intermediate) (October 2nd)
- Introduction to Practical Woodwork (September 27th)
- Machine Making & Safety 2: Router & Panel Saw (September 30th)
We will continue our “Open Making Sessions” twice a month on Saturday mornings which allow you to book a bench for the morning and work on your own project, we’ll be there to give you a little advice and guidance if needed. All of the above and much more can be found on our Calendar on www.benchspacecork.ie We hope to see you in the workshop soon. The Benchspace Team.
We have a packed month this year for the annual Cork Craft Month
Kicking off on August 3rd with Sean from Badly Made Books making a return to Benchspace with a Book Binding workshop
Following on from this current Artist in Residence Adrien Segal is holding a Spoon Carving Masterclass on August 10th.
August 31st we’ll be moving offsite to Mark Donnellys workshop on the edge of the city for a weekend long Green Woodworking course (Postponed until Sept 21st/22nd)
We’ll be holding out annual exhibition / summer social on August 24th and also on August 31st we’ll be holding a Benchspace Bites: Live Edge Clock class for those among you who want to try woodworking but aren’t quite ready to commit to a weekend/night course.
We are also pleased to announce the Dearcán Bursary. Cork County Council Arts Service and South Cork Local Enterprise Office in conjunction with Benchspace Cork are offering a bursary to any craft maker, artist or designer currently resident in County Cork working in the medium of wood, or wood in combination with other materials. The bursary will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to make a significant step forward in their professional career, whether they be recent graduate, new start-up or seasoned professional. To facilitate this, it will support a twelve month period in the Benchspace workshop in Cork City to include workshop fees, a living allowance and an allowance towards locally sourced materials. More details can be here
Any questions, feel free to contact us.