Benchspace Cork in association with the Design and Craft Council of Ireland Keep Well Campaign present an online workshop for the younger makers.
The very first Spoonville was started in Winnersh, Berkshire, England by Karen Vass who came up with the idea of making Spoony characters from wooden spoons as a way of cheering up her local community during Covid-19 lockdown.
All the Spoonvilles around the world have been created as something fun, interactive and safe to do during the Covid-19 pandemic.
With communities locked down and unable to get together themselves, there are no rules for Spoony people and so Spoonville populations everywhere are growing and growing. www.spoonvilleinternational.com is a website set up to keep a track on these gatherings.
* * If you are a charity or non profit community organisation working with children and you would like to apply to receive some pre assembled packs then please apply here before March 15th, 2020 **
You’ll need …
- Wooden/serving spoon
- Pipe cleaners Or twigs or chop sticks
- Fabric scraps
- Googly eyes or marker to draw in eyes
- Needle and thread
- PVA/child-safe glue
- Paint – use acrylic paint if the spoon is to go outdoors
- Scissors (have a parent help)
Once you’ve collected your supplies, you can follow this online workshop by Amanda (Sew Happy)