You’ll not only learn a new skill to take away, but also your very own hand carved spoon to take home and use for your coffee grounds, take on your next hike or just to say ‘I made this!’.
Tutor Tom Sheehan will guide you through the steps and techniques used to carve a block of wood into a wooden spoon using a type of carving called whittling. The main focus will be on the tools and the skills around using them safely and efficiently, giving you the skills and confidence to start your own carving journey.
This is a one day workshop on November 7th from 10am – 5pm with a 1 hour break (bring your own lunch).
All skill levels (18+) are welcome, however, please note that this course requires hand-eye coordination and the ability to follow precise instructions with regards to safety.
Suitable for beginners, this workshop is designed to provide you with a strong foundation to create all sorts of carved objects.
Purchasing as a gift ? Just include the name of the person attending in the order notes. You can also download a printable voucher here
Terms and Conditions
- By purchasing a place you agree to our terms and conditions
- 18 years or older.
- We need a minimum number to run the class.
- We offer 10% discount to members quoting their discount code.
- Cancellations / Refunds are possible for 14 days after purchase, as long as the purchaser cancels at least 14 days before the class begins.
- Any questions or to pay by cheque, cash or bank transfer contact firstname.lastname@example.org