This evening course taught by Luthier Brian Leach (Cork Guitars) will teach the design and making of a small “box harp” including practical music theory.
The pieces will be cut out using hand tools and glued/screwed together. The instrument will be setup and tuned to play a simple musical scales or chords.
The shape of the box harp that you design, and the position of the sound hole, will create a unique instrument with its own timbre. It can have different gauge strings to allow it to be tuned to your specifications (Perhaps to accompany your voice in an appropriate key).
All skill levels (18+) are welcome.
Suitable for beginners, this workshop is designed to provide you with a strong foundation instrument making.
Purchasing as a gift ? Just include the name of the person attending in the order notes. You can also download a printable voucher here
Terms and Conditions
- By purchasing a place you agree to our terms and conditions
- 18 years or older.
- We need a minimum number to run the class.
- We offer 10% discount to members quoting their discount code.
- Cancellations / Refunds are possible for 14 days after purchase, as long as the purchaser cancels at least 14 days before the class begins.
- Any questions or to pay by cheque, cash or bank transfer contact firstname.lastname@example.org