Tutor: Rod Allen
This short course focuses solely on the safe use and understanding of the following two machines:
- Panel Saw for both sheet material and solid material
- Router fixed to a Router Table
You will be assigned a project along with working drawings that you will make over the duration of the ten weeks. This project will take you through the relevant steps and safe machine procedures necessary to complete this project.
This project focuses on the correct processing of sheet material using the Panel Saw with an emphasis on carcass construction. You will be introduced to a number of knock down fittings and will be shown how to construct and fit a drawer to set dimensions.
You will be instructed on the safe use of the Router and Router Table along with the portable domino jointer and pillar drill. By introducing a set project using all the mentioned machines in context this will allow you to reinforce and demonstrate your understanding and knowledge of each machine.
On completion of this course you will be required to take a practical and written assessment before you will be allowed to access the Open Making sessions.
Please note it is necessary for you to have considerable knowledge and woodwork experience in order to enrol on this course.
As your safety is our highest concern, the course is limited to six places.
Terms and Conditions
- By purchasing a place you agree to our terms and conditions
- 18 years or older.
- We need a minimum number to run the class.
- We offer 10% discount to members quoting their discount code.
- Cancellations / Refunds are possible for 14 days after purchase, as long as the purchaser cancels at least 14 days before the class begins.
- Any questions or to pay by cheque, cash or bank transfer contact email@example.com