Tutor: Rod Allen
This short course focuses solely on the safe use and understanding of the following two machines:
- Panel Saw for both sheet material and solid material
- Router fixed to a Router Table
You will be assigned a project along with working drawings that you will make over the duration of the ten weeks. This project will take you through the relevant steps and safe machine procedures necessary to complete this project.
This project focuses on the correct processing of sheet material using the Panel Saw with an emphasis on carcass construction. You will be introduced to a number of knock down fittings and will be shown how to construct and fit a drawer to set dimensions.
You will be instructed on the safe use of the Router and Router Table along with the portable domino jointer and pillar drill. By introducing a set project using all the mentioned machines in context this will allow you to reinforce and demonstrate your understanding and knowledge of each machine.
On completion of this course you will be required to take a practical and written assessment before you will be allowed to access the Open Making sessions.
Please note it is necessary for you to have considerable knowledge and woodwork experience in order to enrol on this course.
As your safety is our highest concern, the course is limited to six places.
New members get free membership for the year when they enrol in this class, please email us for details. (note: This offer is valid for 28 days after the enrolled course begins)
- 18 years or older.
- We need a minimum number to run the class.
- To pay by cheque, cash or bank transfer contact email@example.com.
- We offer 10% discount to members quoting their discount code.
- Any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Terms and conditions
- Applies to orders placed after 1/1/2020 for individuals who haven’t held membership previously.
- Applies to evening courses running 10 weeks or longer only.
- Please note the membership is for the attendee of the course and cannot be transferred to anyone else.
- This offer is given only once per person and cannot be combined with any other discounts/offers.
- Benchspace Cork CLG reserve the right to withdraw this offer at anytime either for an individual or as a whole.