Mondays 7pm – 9:30pm, 4th February – 15th April
Teacher: Vicky Walsh
This short course focuses solely on the safe use and understanding of three primary woodworking machines:
You will be assigned a small solid woodwork project along with working drawings that you will make over the duration of the ten weeks. This project will take you through the relevant steps and safe machine procedures necessary to complete this project.
The first four weeks will place emphasis on selecting and converting rough solid wood stock into set dimensions.
The next two weeks will place emphasis on the safe operation of the bandsaw for shaping and cutting with the aid of jigs.
The remaining four weeks you will be inducted on the safe use of the pillar drill and portable domino jointer. By introducing a project that will use all three machines in context this will allow you to reinforce and demonstrate your understanding and knowledge of each machine.
On completion of this course you may take a safety assessment to allow you to utilise the machines in MIY (make it yourself) sessions.
Please note it is necessary for you to have considerable knowledge and woodwork experience in order to enrol on this course. It is highly recommended that learners have an understanding of the basics of woodwork and have completed a woodwork course in the past.
As your safety is our highest concern, the course is limited to six places.
New members get free membership for the year when they enrol in this class, please email us and we’ll process it*
- 18 years or older.
- We need a minimum number to run the class.
- To pay by cheque, cash or bank transfer contact email@example.com.
- We offer 10% discount to members quoting their discount code.
- Any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Terms and conditions
1. Applies to orders placed after 22/11/18 for individuals who haven’t held membership previously.
2. Applies to frame joinery, box making and machine skills & safety classes only
3. Please note the membership is for the attendee of the course and cannot be transferred to anyone else.
4. This offer is given only once per person and cannot be combined with any other discounts/offers.
5. Benchspace Cork CLG reserve the right to withdraw this offer at anytime either for an individual or as a whole.