Do you want to explore inventing, creating with lasers? Then this course is for you and will cover everything you need to get started.
Learn how to master the software, materials, and laser wood cutting and engraving equipment to create new designs and products. Each Participant will get one free Day Pass to the laser cutter on completion of the course.
- How does a laser cutter work and what are the safety precautions that must be taken?
- What materials can you cut and what kind of results can you expect?
- File preparation. How do you create or obtain vector graphics to cut and how do you convert between different file formats?
- And what project you’d like to tackle from start to finish using the laser cutter as a tool.
- This course is a prerequisite for using the laser cutter independently in Benchspace if you have no prior experience with Lasers.
- Basic computer literacy skills essential for a meaningful experience.
- Students must bring their own laptop with a vector graphic package installed. We recommend InkScape which is free and open source but Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw will work as well.
*After the class participants will be able to book one complimentary Day Pass to the laser cutter (to be used within 30 days). If you’d like to access the laser cutter more frequently we have flexible options to pay by day, week or by month. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discover how you can access the workshop and use your complimentary Day pass.
Date: Saturday & Sunday 21st & 22nd of May
Time: 10am -4pm
Terms and Conditions
- By purchasing a place you agree to our terms and conditions
- 18 years or older.
- We need a minimum number to run the class.
- We offer 10% discount to members quoting their discount code.
- Cancellations / Refunds are possible for 14 days after purchase, as long as the purchaser cancels at least 14 days before the class begins.
- Any questions or to pay by cheque, cash or bank transfer contact email@example.com