This course is aimed at helping the beginner start woodwork by teaching the basics of practical woodwork and how to source materials.
During the course you will build a number of practical projects essential to woodwork including
- A Saw Stool (to provide support, a stable surface for cutting and for tool storage)
- A Mitre Jig (enabling you to make accurate/repeatable cuts)
- A Sanding block (for cleaning up cuts and finishing
On completion of this course, not only will you have gained the skills needed to construct simple pieces of furniture but you will be equipped with everything necessary to purchase wood at a builder providers and break it down for easy transport home.
All required hand tools will be included in the fee (and yours to take away) including
- Hand Saw
- Spiral Ratcheting Screwdriver (plus bits)
- Manual Hand Drill (plus bits)
- Measuring tape
New members get free membership for the year when they enrol in this class, please email us for details.
- 18 years or older.
- We need a minimum number to run the class.
- To pay by cheque, cash or bank transfer contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We offer 10% discount to members quoting their discount code.
- Any questions, contact us at email@example.com
*Terms and conditions
- Applies to orders placed after 22/11/18 for individuals who haven’t held membership previously.
- Applies to frame joinery, box making and machine skills & safety classes only
- Please note the membership is for the attendee of the course and cannot be transferred to anyone else.
- This offer is given only once per person and cannot be combined with any other discounts/offers.
- Benchspace Cork CLG reserve the right to withdraw this offer at anytime either for an individual or as a whole.