7pm – 9:30pm, 6th February – 17th April
“Workmanship is the application of technique to making, by the exercise of care, judgment, and dexterity.”
― David Pye, The Nature and Art of Workmanship
If you love the idea of hand planing a lovely piece of sycamore or making something beautiful with handcut joints then this is the course for you.
Suitable for those familiar with the basic techniques of woodworking, this class introduces case construction which is the basis of box, shelves, cabinet and drawer making.
Learn, from third generation cabinetmaker Anthony Aylward, the correct use of the saw, the square and the plane. Learn how to select grain for beauty, how to sharpen for clean, accurate cutting.
Over the 10 week, Anthony will help you develop your skill and guide you through a small project. Previous experience is certainly a help but not a requirement.
New members get free membership for the year when they enrol in this class, please email us for details.
- 18 years or older.
- We need a minimum number to run the class.
- To pay by cheque, cash or bank transfer contact email@example.com.
- We offer 10% discount to members quoting their discount code.
- Any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Terms and conditions
- Applies to orders placed after 22/11/18 for individuals who haven’t held membership previously.
- Applies to frame joinery, box making and machine skills & safety classes only
- Please note the membership is for the attendee of the course and cannot be transferred to anyone else.
- This offer is given only once per person and cannot be combined with any other discounts/offers.
- Benchspace Cork CLG reserve the right to withdraw this offer at anytime either for an individual or as a whole.