Teacher: Martin Horgan
Suitable for beginners, this class will introduce the materials, tools, skills and techniques used in furniture making, in particular to frame construction which is a core element of furniture and wood construction.
You will start by learning joinery and hand skills including marking out, sawing, paring and morticing with hand tools. You will then apply these skills in completing a project – making a picture frame using hardwood. You will also learn surface preparation, sanding, assembly and finishing the final piece, as you complete the project.
The woodworking skills acquired in this class are essential to learners wishing to undertake larger projects in the future.
Terms and Conditions
- By purchasing a place you agree to our terms and conditions
- 18 years or older.
- We need a minimum number to run the class.
- We offer 10% discount to members quoting their discount code.
- Cancellations / Refunds are possible for 14 days after purchase, as long as the purchaser cancels at least 14 days before the class begins.
- Any questions or to pay by cheque, cash or bank transfer contact email@example.com