Teacher: Martin Horgan
Suitable for beginners, this class will introduce the techniques used in furniture making, in particular to frame construction which is a core element of furniture and wood construction.
Students will start by learning basic joinery and hand skills including marking out, planing, sawing, and morticing with bench chisels. They will then apply these skills in making an Arts & Crafts style picture frame using a locally sourced Irish hardwood. Surface preparation, assembly and finishing will complete the piece.
The woodworking skills acquired in this class are essential to learners wishing to undertake larger projects in the future.
Terms and Conditions
- By purchasing a place you agree to our terms and conditions
- 18 years or older.
- We need a minimum number to run the class.
- We offer 10% discount to members quoting their discount code.
- Cancellations / Refunds are possible for 14 days after purchase, as long as the purchaser cancels at least 14 days before the class begins.
- Any questions or to pay by cheque, cash or bank transfer contact firstname.lastname@example.org