Teacher: Martin Horgan
Suitable for beginners, this class will introduce the techniques used in furniture making, in particular to frame construction which is a core element of furniture and wood construction.
Students will start by learning basic joinery and hand skills including marking out, planing, sawing, and morticing with bench chisels. They will then apply these skills in making an Arts & Crafts style picture frame using a locally sourced Irish hardwood. Surface preparation, assembly and finishing will complete the piece.
The woodworking skills acquired in this class are essential to learners wishing to undertake larger projects in the future.
New members get free membership for the year when they enrol in this class, please email us for details.
- 18 years or older.
- We need a minimum number to run the class.
- To pay by cheque, cash or bank transfer contact email@example.com.
- We offer 10% discount to members quoting their discount code.
- Any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Terms and conditions
- Applies to orders placed after 22/11/18 for individuals who haven’t held membership previously.
- Applies to frame joinery, box making and machine skills & safety classes only
- Please note the membership is for the attendee of the course and cannot be transferred to anyone else.
- This offer is given only once per person and cannot be combined with any other discounts/offers.
- Benchspace Cork CLG reserve the right to withdraw this offer at anytime either for an individual or as a whole.