Sat 24th November 10am – 2pm
Teacher: Avian Evans White
Avian is our current Artist in Residence. He is a designer & craftsman, who graduated from Rycotewood Furniture Centre (Oxford) in 2017. He finds functional and honest solutions to modern day needs, using local materials. He strives to reduce environmental impact, whilst simultaneously improving comfort and practicality, resulting in a mindful aesthetic.
By avoiding the use of synthetic glues/finishes and applying a low-waste methodology, his designs allow materials to maintain their natural life-cycles. This approach utilises modern, batch-production techniques alongside traditional low-tech processes. Avian’s practical and considered approach has rewarded him with many accolades.
Join Avian on Saturday, November 24th where he will be demonstrating the technique he uses to achieve sturdy and long lasting dry joints. You’ll have a chance to try these joints yourself while making a set of bookends out of locally harvested hardwood.
- A minimum number of 6 is required to run this event. 18 years or older.
- Prior experience of cutting joints is recommended.
- For payments by cheque, cash or bank transfer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We offer 10% discount to members quoting their discount code.
- Any questions, contact us at email@example.com