Assembly: Sat 8 September 9:30-4:30 & Sunday 9 September 10:00-4:30
Modelling Class: Monday 3 September 7:00 – 9:30 (TBC)
Leader: Martin Horgan
Assembly of a Prusa i3 MK3 kit as a group over the weekend and get it up and running. Prusa is open source and has a vibrant user community.
This is a collaborative project within Benchspace to build and make available a 3D printer in the Benchspace workshop. Benchspace will meet half the cost of the kit and the remainder will be paid by the team who will build the machine. Participants will receive an introduction class to designing with Sketchup, 20 hours print time when the project is complete, and their names inscribed on the finished printer. Benchspace will provide a home for the machine, and make it available to the public at an affordable rate.
On completion of the project, there will be an opportunity to get involved in the E-Nable project which provides 3D printed prosthetics for kids.
- Introductory level 3d modeling software
- Interpreting technical instructions
- Problem solving
- Calibrating and testing the machine
- Introductory 3D printing software
- To build a 3D printer and make it available to makers in Cork
- We hope this will facilitate the formation of a working group interested in creating a space for digital fabrication in Cork.
- To enable a taught design course that will utilize the printer.
- This project requires a minimum of 6 participants to run.
- The required tools will be provided, but feel free to bring your own.