benchspace are recruiting for a new part time position of Programme and Training Coordinator to develop and deliver our training and creative enterprise programmes.
About benchspace – Investing in Makers Making
benchspace provides skilled graduates and creative individuals with affordable access to the tools, space and training they need to become the next generation of creative Irish businesses. Based in the docklands of Cork City, our co-making space is equipped with over 5,000 sq ft of professional workshops, studios, and member spaces. A creative home-from-home, where makers can seek collaboration and share know-how amongst a community of like-minded craftspeople and businesses. In addition to workshops and startup studios, benchspace supports these early career makers with a range of training and enterprise programmes providing the skills and resources they need to build successful, locally rooted and sustainable creative enterprises.
benchspace is a not for profit, social enterprise, established by makers for makers. It has a voluntary board, a management team and all profits from its activities are reinvested within the organisation for the growth and improvement of its services to makers.
About the Role
Programme & Training Coordinator
benchspace seeks a part-time Programme & Training Coordinator to develop and deliver our training and creative enterprise programmes.
Hours of work: 16 hours per week.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: A mixture of remote working and in benchspace’s co-making facilities, Marina Commercial Park, Cork.
Contract: The position is offered initially on a contract of service for a fixed term basis of 12 months Jan – Dec 2022. Pay: €10,800 – €14,400 – experience depending
Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme and Training Coordinator will work closely with the Operations Manager to support, develop and implement benchspace’s training and programmes. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support our management team in the development of benchspace’s creative enterprise programmes – including funding applications and budget development.
- Implementation of benchspace’s creative enterprise programmes and liasing with stakeholders to plan and execute programme events and activities.
- Effective communication with programme funders and stakeholders.
- Develop & present reports on programme activity against targets.
- Support programme budgeting, and ensure KPIs are met.
- Support the development of benchspace’s training programme – including curriculum, training outlines, certifications & assessments.
- Scheduling of training calendars, workshops and machines for classes.
- Manage Tutor bookings, materials purchase & invoicing for classes.
- Manage class enrollments, payments and communications with participants.
- Maintain a training database.
- Internal & external promotion of training & enterprise programme opportunities (website/social media).
- Monitor, evaluate and report on training and programme participation and engagement.
- All other duties as required.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar coordination/management role
- Experience in identifying and writing grant applications
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Budget/finance experience
- Knowledge of the creative enterprise sector
- Experience in working in the arts / creative sector
Please submit a cover letter and CV to
Closing Date: 14 Jan 2022, 5pm